This much I know to be true ... March 2022

 

This much I know is true …

If not invited, don’t go.

If not welcome, find an exit.

Never turn down an invitation.  If they care enough to want you there, then care enough to put on some pants and go.

Don’t waste a moment on anyone who doesn’t care.

If they show you that they don’t care, believe them.

Listen to your heart; not what ‘they’ say.

When someone goes crazy nuts trying to prove they are NOT  in the wrong….then they are in the wrong.

You can’t look good making someone else look bad.  And one should always look good …

When in doubt, leave it out.

If it feels good, do it. 

If it is illegal, don’t do it.

Enjoy your best things now … old quilts?  Use them.  Best china? Use them.  Fancy Waterford crystal?  Let the cat drink from them. 

Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

A dog or cat make the best napkin… wipe your fingers on them and you both win.

If I had a lick of sense, I’d know the exact measurement of a ‘lick’.

At odds with myself.  A dear friend used that expression last week… we both had a decision to make and when I asked her what her decision was… she replied .. “I’m at odds with myself”… love that phrase and I guess everyone has been in that situation before.

Had to pay an arm and a leg for that.  Now, really.  You had to cut off an arm and a leg in order to purchase?  My luck I was shopping for gloves and shoes.

There is a name for people who enjoy others’ miseries and despise others’ accomplishments.  It’s a damn good word for damn ugly-acting people.  It’ll come to me soon… when I least expect it. 

I like the following phrases but over think their ‘root cause’…’causes?’…

--These are handpicked. (So, we don’t pick them with our feet?)

--Everything’s better with Blue Bonnet on it.  (I just like saying that; absolutely disagree… I mean… not EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY THING is better with blue bonnet on it.. dead armadillo on side of road for four days comes to mind first…)

--I’m a day late and a dollar short. 

--Politically, there should be an ‘off ramp’… I’m ready for this phrase to be removed from discussions… along with ‘to your point’ … ‘iconic icon’ … ‘stay in your lane’ … I haven’t seen you in ‘a minute and a half’…

--Wild as Cooter Brown.  I like Cooter Brown. 

 

I still say ‘buzz cut’ or even ‘burr hair cut’ …  you know what I mean. 

If it’s not one thing, it’s another … from the Most Obvious Philosophers.

Who in their ‘right mind’ … (hate speech to diminish my intelligence capacity… hear this yelled at me … often more than not … )

All Hell broke loose … (love this phrase of course)

Don’t be getting on to me!  She was mad and called me and got on to me.  Get off of me.  Why you getting on me? 

When people say, “I want to apologize”… that’s not an apology.  That is saying you WOULD LIKE TO apologize… not that you actually do … say, “I apologize …”

The worse apology?  “I am sorry you got your feelings hurt”… not “I am sorry I was a Cooter Brown, didn’t take the off ramp, and hurt you with my words.  It won’t happen again”. 

When you are Number One, everyone, and I mean, everyone … takes their best shot at you… they save their best shot for the top cat.

Awful lot.  I love you an awful lot. 

Don’t go looking for trouble.  This is good advice.  I guess in my past I was a big game hunter for trouble… always finding it, too.  But, not the same person … people do change … If  you still carrying the bricks from your past, how can you build a dream house for today and all the forever days? 

My dream house has rooms.  With doors.  It is a room concept.  I just can’t adjust to the current trend of cooking in the living room.  And I want ALL master bedrooms and master bathrooms … why have itty bitty guest rooms with communal baths?  Everyone deserves a master bedroom en suite…

The word ‘tight’… Were  you and your siblings ‘tight’… when you drink a lot, do you get ‘tight’ … underwear should never, ever, ever be ‘tight’…

For the record, I am not a vagrant.  I’m a Hobo in Training.

Time has become more precious to me than gold, diamonds and money.  And I do lie a lot.

That much I know to be true…

To be continued… of course… Love you and thank you for being my friends.  I am rich with the love of others… I am stalwart in the hatred of others… What a great friend they are missing out on …

That much I know is true …

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

Words, Words, Words ... May/June 2023