The Miracle that really happened ...

 Now, I’m not one to think of our Gracious Heavenly Father as a Las Vegas-Style Magician…. But something happened today that could not be explained… how prayer changed a bad situation….

Power outage 36 hours… awful… had just bought all kinds of Blue Bell ice cream ….
Mom Goddard on pace maker with electronic monitor...
Finally finagled the garage door open, plugged in my dead iPhone and started driving around trying to revive the dead iPhone…..
Back to garage with just enough power to call Oncor---the recording said the problem would be fixed by 4:30 p.m. today.
I fired up the grill and started cooking ALL the pork, steaks, hamburgers that filled our NON-Blue Bell freezer… I think the olives spoiled? No dirty Martini tonight!
THEN…. (at 2:22 p.m.)...
Two Oncor professionals came around corner
… and they said our meter was busted.
“Not the storm?” Four inches of rain just last night and all kinds of thunder and lightning “yi yi”? Did our meter just randomly break during the storm as a funny/not funny coincidence?
They said that obviously, the storm created outage in the area, but power had been restored and our meter was randomly one that broke. He said there were homes spread all over town with the same problem.
They apologized profusely ….said they were from Jacksonville and had no meters in their truck.
Crestfallen news.
They said they would call all the trucks in the area and see if perhaps someone had one… but they doubted it….they didn't think it could be fixed today.
It is hard to get my hopes down, once I get them up…
….They left with me thinking another day or two without electricity and I just sat down by the grill, cooking all that dang meat which I fed the foxes tonight….
I prayed.
I care for Mom Goddard and we need electricity to take care of her. I told the Lord I wasn’t trying to be a pity case. Mom had told me lovingly this morning, we don’t have electricity…. But we do have a house that isn’t flooded and so many blessings…. ‘We have candles and one teaspoon of milk,’ she tried to cheer me up.
My prayer continued...and I tried not to sound like a whiner prayer guy ....and NOT be asking for MAGIC...then...
I was about to get to the fast part of all prayers: ‘InJesus’nameweprayamen”
WHEN
The two Oncor employees came around the corner again—HUGE SMILES and …..with a new meter in their hands….
They said they could not believe it, but there WAS a meter in their truck and there never had been one in it before.
They said they could not explain it. "It wasn't there when we got out of truck to come check on your meter."
Both laughed and smiled and just shook their heads at how easily it all fit perfectly and power restored like bringing back the dead to life...
We turned on the power and began to revive ourselves, not just our ‘things’.
I tried to give the guys some cash for beer and/or dinner but they declined. I tried to tell them how much it meant for us to not go through another night of no power.
They smiled.
Told me that it is customers like me who keep them enjoying their job.
Both the best men who are doing God’s work… all with the meter that didn’t exist 10 minutes before….
But, I still don’t believe in holy miracle magic from prayers….
Or do I?
All reactions:
Kerri Rabe, Neil Henson and 61 others
32 comments
1 share
Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

Words, Words, Words ... May/June 2023