Silly Sayings from March 2022

 

I’m sitting on the fence trying to decide about going out on a limb and figure ‘damned if I do; damned if I don’t’…. like a double-edged sword (pronounced SORE-D… who can make that ‘sw’ sound in a word anyways?) … a slippery slope … (you and I both know there are slopes that are not slippery…)

There are fences you can’t sit on, limbs too precarious on which to ‘go out on’, times when we aren’t damned, swords with one edge and not even sharp.  So there is that.

The other morning I asked Mom how she was feeling … we have morning coffee and discuss our ailments and they are never mentioned again … until tomorrow morning’s coffee …

As I was saying (which is my favorite ‘saying’…), Mom Goddard replied with a question … “You’ve heard of what the cat drug in? That’s how I feel this morning”.  I gave her points for cleverness …

Often when I enter a room, someone will say, “Look what the cat drug in”… My cat has dragged in many critters and they were all kind of cute … baby squirrels, rabbits, blue birds, lizards … but she doesn’t hurt them, just brings them to the back door and presents them as presents to me.  So, sometimes ‘what the cat drug in’ could be cute …

I had a Siamese Cat named Prissy and she would eat the heads off of anything she drug in … not so cute.

My mind meanderings lately:

The saying ‘Rigged from the Get Go’ … like when people say that …

Things you can say when you have nothing to say: 1. It is what it is 2. It's just not meant to be 3. Everything happens for a reason 4. Word.

Places there are no atheists.  1.  Battleground foxhole  2. Driving on ice.  3.  Pediatric Intensive Care waiting room …

Iced Tea or Ice Tea?

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ... Apparently, I have been getting up on the wrong side of the bed for 63 years.

My super power is being supercilious. 

Don’t have a fit;  you get what  you get.

She can just get glad in the same britches she got mad in.

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

Words, Words, Words ... May/June 2023