Easter 2023

 Easter 2023 ... Always my favorite holiday ... one for renewal ...

I remember eating aspirin.
Before we learned to swallow medications with water, we were told to ‘just chew it up’… the taste and texture on the tongue …
I remember having my temperature taken while holding the thermometer under my arm. No, I don’t remember any other orifices used to take temperature.
Just my underarm.
My brother once bit down on a glass thermometer and had glass AND mercury all over his tongue … which was not far from same experience with those un-chewable aspirin.
We always had Bayer aspirin and still do. Brand loyalty ... Grandmother Lee always called any aspirin, "Bayer" as in "I need a Bayer or two.."
I can’t remember when I last had an aspirin … but a buddy of mine who is close to 60 said he still chews up his aspirin.
I ALWAYS keep some of that BC Powder nearby … pre-chewed aspirin you mix with water and the advertisements were by ? … Take a BC Powder and Come Back Strong!!! … was Ferlin Huskey the pitch man?
I remember whenever you had the hiccups, someone would say “That means you are growing…”
A friend of mine never says anything bad about another person. But this week, a questionable person’s name came into the conversation and my friend said, “He’s a real piece of work”…
Seriously, we go back 35 years and that’s the worst he has ever said about someone… and I’m not even sure that is a cut down… a piece of what kind of work? Artwork? Sewage Work? Some kind of piece of work.
My version of Hell? Pulling weeds from the flower beds.
I am at my worst when I must pull weeds. My idea was to make pulling weeds the new Easter Egg Hunt… those eggs are too expensive .. I heard one mother decorated potatoes and hid around the yard.
But why not tell those youngsters to fill up their Easter baskets by pulling up weeds in my flower beds?
We have flowerbeds on every side of the house, garage, shop and storage building … all the way around … grass does not touch our house … our 'out houses' in any direction … but there are weeds … pre-emergent should be applied to flower beds … not just the yards. …
I have more flowerbed acreage than I do land acreage…
Wait, I feel a fever coming on … like when you were a kid and someone would ask … “Do you have a temperature?”… always answered by me rolling my eyes back in my head, sarcastically and overly dramatically … 'yes until I die I should have some sort of temperature!' … just watch where you place that thermometer now…
So, I’m going to go chew some Bayer’s and NOT pull weeds… at least not until tomorrow… it's a holiday after all ...
No photo description available.
All reactions:
Kerri Rabe, Neil Henson and 23 others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

Words, Words, Words ... May/June 2023