Mean It!



I can’t help but think of the word, “mean”, all this past week.  I’m not mean, but I am drawn that way.
Did you mean to say those mean words in that mean way?
Not meaning to be mean.  Just said words.  Not mean.
Did you mean to call me?
I love you.  Mean it. 
A friend named Molly is known for saying that.  I love you.  And Mean it. 
So, me thinking all week:  Mean is not always ‘mean’….
I wonder what that means.
I sometimes use the word ‘meandering’ which if read weirdly could be “MEAN-ering”… there is usually nothing mean about my mind meanderings. 
I think I have a mean streak, though.
I mean, like, frankly, I show my mean streak when people over use the words:   Like, Frankly (as in beginning all sentences with ‘Frankly’ or ‘Frankly speaking’—such an obvious thing and I mean it and it makes me show a mean streak…)  Frankly, actually, and ‘at the end of the day’ are overused and if I were really MEAN, I’d punch those who over say those words in the Adam’s Apple… (that makes we wonder why it isn’t Eve’s Apple…I mean if you follow the story line meaning….)
One can be mean-spirited.  But also meaningful.  One can be a “Big Old Mean-ey” but that does not sound mean at all.
“Say if with more meaning,” acting coach used to say to me; act like you are listening to others with “MEANING”, “Make your performance MEANINGFUL…. I MEAN IT!”  My drama summer workshop coach yelled a lot and was kind of mean.  He moved to California to be an actor and then he died.  So, there you go.
So, be nice.
I mean it now and meant it then.
Mean it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

Words, Words, Words ... May/June 2023