Spending Time thinking about Time ...

 Time well spent ... an essay in progress ... time keeps on slippin' slippin' into the future ...

I have been reading a book titled, “On Borrowed Time.” It is a good whodunit book by Robert Goddard … coincidence of the last name … he does write good books … for a Goddard.
So, I have been spending a lot of time thinking about time … That old country song, “Livin’ on Borrowed Time” keeps playing in my head but that is the only lyric I recall … and I’ll be damned if a spend any of my time ‘google-ing’ it … I always give myself three day’s time to remember something before I resort to World Wide Web..
So, time to talk about time… It’s about TIME … It’s about SPACE … It’s about time I slapped your FACE! …
that was the theme song for a short-lived TV show when I was in the second grade … that song and the following slap got me in trouble in the second grade.
At recess, I had to sit on one of those silver painted poles that had chains running through them to sort of make a playground fence … no one thought of the irony of chaining in students in that time. But, times have changed …
I’ve been told that time is like a river… every time you step foot into a river, it is different … the water flowing is also changing, much like time.
I hear farmers describe time in terms of ‘acres’ rather than hours … I’ll be home when I’m finished plowing those 15 acres …
Telling time is now a rare talent … do students even learn telling time on a clock face? Or just digital readouts?
And, forget about those clocks with the fancy roman numerals … whew!
The only time I wish I had paid attention to roman numerals is every time the super bowl rolls around … never can tell which number they are on now …
I wish I had the time …
I wasted that time …
Time after time …
Now’s the time …
Time passes… Will you?
Oh, we have plenty of time.
No, we are running out of time.
When does daylight savings time end?
The whole concept of time really got to me during the times I crossed the International Date Line … we lost or gained a day and everyone made a big to do over it … I celebrated with a nap… known as nap time.
I keep getting stacks of mail and robo calls telling me it is time to select my Medicare supplemental insurance! What? Wait! I thought medicare was a no decisions necessary time of life … all this time …
I guess the worst song I ever heard was “Time in a Bottle” … it’s hard to dance to and the beat is all off time …
TV Guides used to tell us what time our shows would be showing …
Dinner time was when we heard Mom setting the table.
Bed time was when we heard Dad tapping his pipe on the 1970’s ash tray … usually three times and it was time for lights out …
The longest period of time is the final 2 minutes of any game and everyone still has their time outs.
Time Out? How is that punishment? To go to your room and do nothing … that pleasurement … our disciplinary actions were always work time … like “Go water the orchard”, “Go paint the roof… twice … two times!”
Ugh… Math … Two Times Two is Four … Fourteen Times Twenty-Seven? No one knows.
Screen Time.
Half Time.
Break Time.
Time table.
All the time.
Doing time.
On time.
Remember the time …?
Morris Day and the Time … doing the Bird … oh dee oh dee oh …
Military Time …
Here is a time saver idea …
I’m so busy I don’t have the time … wait, don’t we all get the same amount of time each day?
Time is not promised.
Time flies when you’re having fun.
How many times have I told you …?
Greenwich Time
Time will tell …
It’s about time … Funk, Soul, Brother …
Kitchen timer
Timers now on iPhones
Perfect time …
Quiet time …
Quality time …
Time travel …
Best Song? “I hope you had the time of your life…” think it is actually named something but great band and their Broadway production of “American Idiot” was one of the best times of my life …
So, that is all … For the Time Being …
May be an image of 1 person, wrist watch and text that says '6 65 5 The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking that we have time.'
All reactions:
DeDe Lovett, Neil Henson and 4 others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

The Miracle that really happened ...