Mind Meandering September 2023

 My Meandering Mind September 2023

The other day, a young man who is doing a lot of chores for me … I told him he was the Property Manager … anyway, he was ready to go home and he said, “I’m gonna make like a baby and head out…”
I didn’t understand that at all and turned my head like when a German Shepherd doesn’t understand a sound … The young man said it again but used both hands kind of coming forward … Make like a baby and HEAD OUT!... Okay, like a newborn baby … Head Out!
I hear sayings in my mind that people used to say but really don’t say that much anymore:
--That happened in 'broad daylight'... as opposed to narrow daylight? Confused every time I head this ...
--Clobbered … as in ‘Our little league team got clobbered but we still got to go to Dairy Queen for a Dilly Bar…”
--I’ve got a ‘crick’ in my neck. Guess I slept crooked.
--Come by whenever you are in our ‘neck of the woods’ … I have never understood a neck in the woods and especially freak out when someone in west Texas says this. I know for a fact that there are no woods in west Texas, save for Mesquite trees which are really just weeds with bark and thorns. And no ‘neck’ in west Texas … there is a couple of panhandles nearby though…
--We have street clothes, Sunday clothes, Sunday shoes, School Clothes, School Shoes, Tennis Shoes (meaning every type of sneakers… does anyone say ‘sneakers’ anymore?) Grubbies, Painting Clothes … I never understood ‘street clothes’ …
--One time, I heard this huge man who had played football center in college and was adult and all … and he said, ‘Larry, I was standing on my tippy toes in that photo’… I think ‘tippy toes’ coming out of a mountain of a grown man is one of the funniest things in my life …
--I just got a ‘wild hair’ and went to Wal-Mart in my PJ’s … He’s as wild as a ‘March hare’ … weird sayings completely …
--Is he still in his ‘right mind’?
--Once I heard the word ‘ed-ju-ma-cated’, I can never say ‘educated’ … without pronouncing it like the Three Stooges.
There are so many more sayings that I’d like to discuss, but daylight’s wasting and not broad daylight anymore …
My busted wrists are barking like my ‘dogs are barking’ … (a too tight shoe saying … ) …
So, I’ll end this mind from meandering …
Nows the sayings will just be from the voices in my head …
May be an image of heart and text
All reactions:
DeDe Lovett, Neil Henson and 13 others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

The Miracle that really happened ...