My Mind Meanderings ... February 17th... 2019! Ostentatious!

My Mind Meanderings ... February 17th... The main things to do today? Paint area behind fridge--yes, had to buy a new one after power blast and, of course, it's been delayed, wrong size delivered, then delayed, and delayed.... so I paint another coat of paint where the new fridge will be and no one will ever see.
Remember when you got a new fridge and moved the old fridge to the garage? Old, old refrigerators lasted longer than people.
Our computerized panel went out... it took 3 visits from repairman to believe me, and finally, YES! I'm RIGHT! It is BROKEN... he believed me and we bought a $3,000 new fridge. So much for being right.
Here are my mental notes of late...
This much I know. You don't know what you don't know. And I'm glad that I don't know what I don't know. I don't want to know what I don't know.
I know enough.
I've peaked mentally.
Cool words and phrases: impudent, upstart, 'hung the moon', sensualist, upsey daisey, malevolent, benevolent, and, "Let IT Go".... and ostentatious ... over kill.
I like to 'get over it', but 'let it go' might be the same thing. But, isn't 'let it go' from some movie ... a singing cartoon movie?
Good thought: The thoughts of youth are long, long thoughts.
Think on that. Chew on it. Study it awhile. Sleep on it.... it's a damn right on thought.
The thoughts of youth are long, long thoughts. I still have thoughts of youth and they still get me in trouble.
The weird thing? That is a line from a Longfellow poem... you know, the I'm a Poet, and Didn't Know It, But my Feet Show It... they are LONG FELLOWS!... (I wear size 13)...
You remember that way when you first started driving, and you were picking someone up, and they would start to get into the car.... and you pulled up a bit real fast? Psyche!
Then, "OK, OK...., no kidding this time... get in the car", and they are about to put their butt in the car, and you pull up really fast and far this time.... you back up.... "I'm sorry, so sorry, I swear I won't do it again"
They again try to open the door only this time they are mad.
The burning question is... do you pull up the car without them for the third time?
I've studied, pondered and evaluated with ample research... two is just right; three is over kill .... or is it?
I think four is exact "emoundo" (is that really Spanish?)... but five is being ostentatious ... even using the word 'ostentatious' is being ostentatious.
Best inventions: Leaf blowers (how else would I clean out my car?), index cards, shredded cheese, Blue Bell Half Vanilla/Half Dutch Chocolate, Elmer's glue (the teeny tiny ones since big ones are overkill ....and they dry up and we all know that drill....)
Life of each of us is a diary in which we mean to write one story and end up living another. And that is acceptable and worthy.
As a kid (no, wait...I'm not a baby goat) .... as a child... we had to calculate how old we would be in the year 2000... it seemed so far away when I was six years old... and I'm a late in the year birthday ... mid November.... so I calculated my age of what I would be for only six weeks of the year 2000)...
Did anyone ever calculate the age we would be in the year 2019? Isn't it sort of unbelievable to be alive in this year? If I stop and think on it, study it, I have a happy feeling... and also a feeling that is not explained adequately in words... I guess it is shock... I never thought I'd be alive this long ... so every day is not only a gift, but it is a damn freakin' surprise... like when I wake up, it's like a surprise party with people jumping up from behind the couch... SURPRISE! It is 2019 and YOU are alive!!!
No one is more surprised than me.
My age? It's ostentatious....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

Words, Words, Words ... May/June 2023