Just off the top of my head.... Don't go chasing people!



This much I know is true:
Relationships are NOT hostage situations!
Don't go chasing people. Ever. Why did we spend so much of our lives chasing people and conforming so that by a small chance, they might possibly sort of like us?.... a little bit.
Got someone in your life who bums you out and is crummy and steals your joy?
Distance them. Neither you nor them are being held with a gun to your head-- no hostages-- don't even chase them when they leave. Change the locks to your heart. Protect your feelings; don't be a victim-- be the victor!
Life is too fragile, too precious, too brief.
Those people who fuss, fight, feud?
Eh. They are not your hostages and NO one is going to pay a ransom-- you control those in your life .
Choose the ones you can depend on; when you ask for privacy, they've already left the room; when you want to talk, they have the Sonic cherry cola and ready to listen.
No one says on their death bed, "I wish I'd bent over backward to make those hate-filled, life-disrupting, joy-stealing, lie-telling unimportant people in my life like me more.
Or fake love me...
Nope... all about, "I'm glad I pushed the worthless to the side, forgotten waste--and cherished the uplifting, true, good to the bone, indescribably wonderful loves and friendships available in my life...."
Just off the top of my head...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

Words, Words, Words ... May/June 2023