The Non-creepiness of Sleep Walking ...

 

I walked in my sleep last night.  I cannot remember ever doing this in the past.  And, in fact, I cannot remember doing this last night.

But, I did.

I got it in my mind that there were several folks in our house.  Not scary folks, but nice friends who, truly, were all some of my favorite people ever.  I knew them and was glad to see them… but the house was full of them.

I tried situating them all in my room…. I apparently went and got them a box of chocolates because this morning the chocolate box was almost empty… on the couch.  I have a white couch and eating chocolates on it is something I’d never do, awake or asleep.

Mom’s room is way, way over on the other side of the house from my little apartment… well, my spacious apartment.  I guess five closets makes it a massive ‘middle child’ apartment.

But, it is a long walk to Mom’s room.  I noticed several of these friendly spirits on the couches in the living room, kitchen ‘nook’, and dining room on the way to Mom’s house.  She said I lay down on her bed in my robe and was speaking in a voice that was not mine and could not have been an imitation. 

It was someone else’s voice.  I told Mom everyone from Church was in the house and I’d find the right places for them.

I left … came back again … whispered in some foreign language…

And then, she tells me, I came back not with my robe, but fully dressed.  She said I just stood there and babbled. 

 

When I was much, much younger … like 3 years old or so… I would ride my tricycle from my bed to my parent’s room and get into bed with them … I don’t know if I was sleep-tricycle-riding but it makes for a sweet story on my reflection ... not sure how my parents felt about that … did I ring a bell on my tricycle?  My tricycle definitely had a bell …

The tricycle days were the best … not much vehicular stress …

Have you noticed that people say, ‘One hundred percent’ more often now?  Rather than saying, “I agree with you” … I keep hearing “Yes! One hundred percent…”

I think coaches always ask for One hundred and ten percent … I have no idea how percentages are calculated … and again cannot use my vast knowledge of parallelograms …

It’s kind of like rather than saying ‘You’re welcome’ … I hear “No worries” … like there might have been a possibility that I caused them to worry …

I tell you one thing that does have a One hundred percent guarantee … that is when people say, “Believe you me” … like in the middle of their story or at the end …I ALWAYS believe them if they say, “Believe you me” … One hundred percent of the time!

So, weird that I walked in sleep, weirder that I remember my tricycle’s bell, and even weirder that I try my best to use parallelogram knowledge and have not yet found the right time.

One hundred percent …

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

The Miracle that really happened ...