Mind Meanderings….March 28th, 2019 …
Ever notice how many words that mean, “I have no words”… Blah, Blah, Blah… Nada … No Comment (which is making a comment)… Bric-A-Brac … Yada Yada Yada … “Nada Nada Na”….
Etc. ... Et Cetera… (I got points off in a UIL Ready Writing Contest for not spelling ‘etc.’ out... which I had no idea... all Greek to me…)
Oh, when people say, “It’s All Greek to Me”, are telling the truth since so many of our words come from the Greek…
I learned that in the movie, “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”… that actress who wrote it was never heard from again… but…
I’m drifting…‘and stuff’…. (an old friend used to end all sentences with ‘and stuff’)… “I just called to see what you are doing and stuff”… “We are coming to see you and stuff this weekend and stuff.
We are no longer friends … and stuff.
There are many sentences that I would like to say, but never had the chance. For example:
** “Over my dead body, Cookie”…
** “I just got back from Wyoming”… never heard anyone say that.
** “Sometimes, I feel as lonely as the Comet Kohoutek”…
...now, that one is my favorite… because you must be a certain age to remember the Comet Kohoutek and what a build up it was given… but a dud… a dud same as ….
What was that Comet about 1986 … the one that Mark Twain came in and went out with… it was horrible, and I bought a telescope and my good friend, John Reuland, would go out in the country and set up our telescope I got at Montgomery Ward’s.
It was supposed to be a big comet… a once in a lifetime thing… we saw a sort of hazy streak that look more like God took a soiled eraser to the night sky and smeared some star dust. Was it Haley’s Comet? Isn’t it going to happen in, what, another 35 years?
When asked if I play tennis… I smile and point to my bum ankle…. Same when I am asked if I play golf….
But, what I REALLY like to PLAY?.... POSSUM. I play possum better than anyone… I love to play. I am a champion possum player. You just don’t answer the phone, social media, the doorbell, knocking… ugh… or mail… Possum is what I play.
Here are some words and phrases.
I write them on index cards because I like them; I don’t understand them is another reason I put on index cards; I will post in my blog and maybe on Facebook to some folks. Here they are:
The hurt doesn’t go both ways. The people who hurt. The people who get hurt. It is only a one-way passage.
I got Hulu for a while. I was slow to load, so I cancelled. But I watched most of the 157 episodes of “The Mary Tyler Moore Show”; the one about her working in a TV Station. Most of her problems would have been settled—or truly never become a problem—if she had not told that Murray Slaughter ANYTHING.
Mary would have a problem; she would confide in Murray – who was later the Love Boat captain with a better haircut. But, every time Mary confided in him, he would go and blab it to others. This was the plot in about 62% of the 157 episodes.
I watched some of the Bob Newhart Shows (the one where he was a psychiatrist). I was reminded of the drinking game we used to play while watching the reruns of this show… every time someone said “Hi, Bob” in the show, we had to do a shot of TEQUILA!
I bought Racheal Ray Cat Food and it is mostly rice. Rice? My cat likes it… Rice. Racheal Rice Ray Cat Food.
More Mind Meanderings to appear soon…. April May Not March, but May Will…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

Words, Words, Words ... May/June 2023