Sayings in my Meandering Mind November 2022

 

‘Well … that’s a fine “how do you do?” … I like that sarcastic phrase but have never found the right occasion in which to use… Most “How do you do’s” have been ‘Okay’ but not really ‘fine’…

It’s kind of like … ‘they sold me down the river’ … I understand the metaphor, but cannot find the practicality of using it … Maybe today someone will surprisingly sell me down the river and I can say that phrase.

One can only hope … From my lips to God’s ears … Someone sell me down the river … but with my luck?  Rivers such as the mighty Mississippi River bone dry … that’s the ‘story of my life’ …

You know lots of sayings are based on the premise that the Earth revolves around us …

Oh, he can dish it out but can he take it?  (I don’t like that phrase by the way … between you, me and that fencepost…)

That old ‘so and so’ … the race is neck and neck … it’s just a Kangaroo Court …

And why do we say, “So long” when we are looking directly at the person in real time … probably a short distance … not ‘so long’ … I’ve never said that phrase ever … Just say, “take care”, “smell ya later” or “I’ll see you; hate to be you”, or “It’s been fun.  It’s been real.  But, it hasn’t been ‘real fun’…

And I may be getting too big for my britches but an optimistic way of saying the same thing is that my britches are getting too small for me … Either way, I guess it means CoVid Weight Gain …

Oh, you can say that again … Why I just said it?  And, stop being so bossy!

Man, that was a whale of a game!  We had a whale of a good time!

I’d like to give ‘em a piece of my mind … which makes sense since science tells us that we don’t use much percentage of our brains anywho … I like when people say ‘anywho’ when they mean ‘anyway’ … just shakes up things … all different and YOU-nique!

I like the words:  scamper, tantrum (best thing to throw), abject apologies, asunder, pissant (is that really a breed of ant or just a saying?) … level best … unvarnished truth …

I’m old but not all ‘pull my finger old’…

I’m old but not all ‘stand out in front of church and greet everyone’ old …

I’m old but not all ‘check the obituaries first thing every morning’ old.

I remember MAPSCO books and trying to find the vortex of the place I wanted to drive … the term “Good Smell Um” … Whittling …

Phrases that make me quiet for quite a long time:  Ugly as Homemade Sin, an Undeclared War (how is that possible?), ‘I’m sorry that I’m not sorry’ (Well, I’m not sorry I will now hit you in the face with a shovel…)… He’s a funny sort of bird … things just went south … ‘that’s what I’m talking about’ (Wait, but were you REALLY talking about that?)

Why do we think things ‘over’ but not ‘under’? Do we actually ‘sleep on it’ … NOT sleep because we are thinking on it …

“No more if’s, and’s, or but’s” 

This is just the tip of the iceberg… and will type up more soon … delete if  you want … block me if you have a mind to … But, those actions will be a ‘fine how do you do’…. I’ve used that phrase now… Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

Words, Words, Words ... May/June 2023