The least little thing you do or say.... can confound someone the rest of their lives...so can a loving word.... July 28th 2019

May 16th 1979.... forty years ago ... Initiation .... 7 brothers ... ignore the paddles and beer ... the hardest thing I have ever done in my life was keep a 4.0 grade point average during pledge ship! Robert Schwab and I've tried to gather contact information; no response at all from John Walker despite four attempts--he is not adviser now? We just want dinner somewhere quiet and talk rationally... Who remembers Mark Bourenske ? Funniest man alive...
Look at my sweatage on the shirt Donna Moore Collum gave me as my Big Sister! ... I was a Sweat Hog... ....That night, I was worried probably because my big brother was John Glaess who could hit a SOFTBALL out of the park!
He broke the board and landed up high--like lower spine....
I really was bruised badly (All done AFTER initiation)--but that wasn't the worst thing--something unplanned and mean-spirited happened to me--NOT part of Sigma Chi and the worst thing one human could do to another. Not trying to be a downer, but making a point that the smallest thing you do or say today, can impact someone for a lifetime.
Before he died, Chief Chris Lambert wanted us to meet for a conversation. He was blind in one eye and they had kind of given up on the brain tumor--same way my Dad died.
Chris contacted me to make things right; he was there; he was complicit; he could have stopped it..... about 8 brothers saw it happen and some from other schools; they stand with me but I don't want that fuss; the brother should be accountable and just say he did it...this incident?
I had suppressed this hazing incident for many years-- About five years ago, it took over my life; quit my job; hid at home; ended as many friendships as possible...
Chris died with a clear conscience and I have suffered the past five years. Over and over and over in my mind...you seven were there and I'll not remind you; Jacobs ... I recall you taking me to the rest room but not to use it ... there was something horrible to fix right before the "I". Sorry to be a bummer .... and hope that hazing is OUT of Zeta Eta and that 4.0's are not rare anymore.
So, other than that.... how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln...? We will post pictures of the 40th reunion including Commerce Police Mug Shots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel the World: When to Splurge. When to Scrimp, And How to Return Safely to Home Sweet Home Here in Tyler!

This much I know to be true ... March 2022

Words, Words, Words ... May/June 2023